It’s Sunday morning so you know what that means. Townhall updates are LIVE!
I’m writing this with my headphones in right now and listening to Paul, Rohan, Anu and Stephanie in today’s Clubhouse Townhall. I’ll publish this as soon as they are done so it will be as fresh as it gets, almost as if you’ve been there. 😉
Disclaimer: I can only type so fast, so I’ll do the best I can and will include most of the important updates and highlights that I think are the most important to us beta users. This might be a long one post so sit back, relax with your beverage of choice, and read on!
Just a few of the incredible spaces that I was in this past week but guys, there are hundreds, if not thousands, more and growing daily! Try to keep up. It’s fun!
- Check out my last blog post from 2 days ago because I just had to. “It’s the women for me” was super fun to write because it’s short and I dictated the whole thing into my notes app then copied and pasted. I may do that more often. If you’re like me and you’re typing all day, every day, it was a nice break.
Do you ever dictate your blog post or long form entries ?
READY for the LIVE updates?! 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
- JAPAN IS IN THE HOUSE!!! This expansion to other countries and cultures is truly a beautiful thing. So many new rooms and conversations with incredible people like Michelle Obama, the first Holocaust survivor in Clubhouse, the founder of Reddit, the new NBA Fan Club is live, and SO MUCH MORE! Check it out, CHECK IT OUT!
- New products & releases COMING SOON!: more fixes and support for trolling (zero tolerance policy continues and getting stronger); higher quality audio; adding links to rooms that can be shared in the room; support for one time rooms and events with links that can be shared before the event that takes the guest right into the room (pilot ongoing); Black History Month celebrations are forthcoming. 🎉🎉🎉
- Q&A begins. Keep reading below!
- Submit your questions for future Townhall rooms by going to firstname.lastname@example.org and scroll all the way down; to submit
- So many good ideas from users being considered: Townhall and rooms translations into other languages; specific event calendar view for clubs (I need this ASAP! Please and thank you:); improve visible profiles of room members while in rooms;
- More questions answered: making the calendar view easier to navigate; filtering rooms by language; peak views in Clubhouse used to be at 6pm in the US, but now with so much international growth, peak views are now in the morning; cool right?
- Lots more discussion about languages; changing topics of rooms after a room is started and why that feature is not available now but there may be some work arounds to keep it clean;
- Recording in rooms – this comes up EVERY WEEK! Keeping the core philosophy of room creator control is always front and center, but creators will soon be able to record their rooms; they want to get this right because of the obvious implications and the impact on the room vibe and experience.
- I learned more about how to use “Social Rooms” and using them to not notify every one that follows me but only notify who I follow. I may use this option more.
MORE UPDATES (it’s over soon, I promise:)
10. Some kind of system for moderators to give feedback to other room moderators will come doing it the right way; stage management is always thought about.
11. Android engineers! They need you to build out the Android app ASAP!! Please apply on http://www.joinclubhouse.com.
12. Moderators in multiple rooms at the same time will soon be mitigated. It’s not good for the community. On the same note, “Follow-for-Follow” rooms are strongly discouraged. Just don’t do it.
13. TROLLING CONTROL: This is important; for any trolls (room disruptors), hold down on the profile picture and choose the option you need to report or submit, including blocking that individual; soon available in the next update, anyone will be able to submit anyone else in the room as a troll but use it very wisely. False reporting is also treated seriously and can get you kicked off the app.
14. Creative adaptations for disabilities and other differences. Cool stuff.
15. Discovery and room management is front and center to the developers as always. There’s so much to think about and they are really.
That’s it for now. My mind is spinning yet again. Remember, this app is still in beta! Hold on to your hats. This is going places that will blow your mind.
See you next week. ✌🏽
Peace and blessings, @ernajdnp